During the week when time is more limited I enjoy making quick little low carb meals. I have quite a few favourites and this low carb coconut bread is up there on the list! It's so quick and easy, and tastes good too!
If you don't have dessicated coconut by all means use the same amount of coconut flour, and coconut oil could be substituted with the same amount of butter too. My microwave oven is 1000 Watts. You may need to cook yours a little less or a little longer depending on the wattage of your microwave oven. If you wanted a savoury as opposed to sweet edge, you could add a little finely chopped spring onion or even a little sharp cheddar. Have fun with this recipe, its so versatile.
Coconut Bread ingredients:
- 1 tablespoon dessicated coconut (or coconut flour)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 large egg
- Half a teaspoon baking powder
- sachet of sweetner (optional)
Coconut Bread cooking instructions:
2. Put in smallish square or round microwavable container of your choice. You could also use a mug.
3. Put in microwave for 90 seconds on high power.
4. Ensure the sides of your container are quite deep as the mixture will "grow" as it cooks.
5. Remove from microwave and let it cool for a few seconds, be cautious as it will be hot!
6. Run a knife along the rim of the bread mixture until it has dislodged and eventually you should be able to flip the "cake" on to a plate.
7. Once suitably cooled proceed to cut in half with serrated knife.
8. This will give you your 2 slices of bread.
9. Top with low carb toppings of your choice.
Nutritional Info: 327 cals for the coconut bread (no toppings) and a total of 3.93 net carbs.