A quick yet satisfying dinner which takes no more than 25 minutes to complete from start to finish. A tasty one pan sizzler packed with protein and flavour. Tastes good and very healthy too! For even more "zing"a small piece of grated ginger and a small chopped chilli is optional.
Asian Chicken and Vegetable Stir Fry Ingredients:
- 400g (14 oz) of mixed vegetables of your choice. I used julienne carrots, courgettes, red peppers, brocolli florets and purple cabbage.
- 1 tbs. Olive Oil
- 2 cloves finely chopped garlic.
- Half a large onion diced.
- 4 skinless chicken breast sliced intro strips or cubed.
- 3 Tbs. thick soy sauce
- A few spring onions sliced
- 2 tsp. of shop bought 5 Spice Powder or alternatively make your own:
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon.
1 teaspoon ground cloves.
1 teaspoon fennel seed, toasted and ground.
1 teaspoon ground star anise.
1 teaspoon szechuan peppercorns, toasted and ground.
Asian Chicken and Vegetable Stir Fry Cooking Directions:
1. Heat oil in a large pan or a wok.
2. Fry onions until browned.
3. Add chicken and soy sauce and cook thoroughly for approximately 5 to 6 minutes on high heat till golden.
4. Add vegetables, spices, and spring onion.
5. Continue stir frying for another 4 minutes for al dente vegetables.
6. If softer vegetables are desired place lid on wok and simmer for another 3 minutes.
7. Divide between bowls and sprinkle with coriander (optional)