This is a favourite dish of mine, it's so simple and easy to make. This is a basic and easy stir fry recipe, which could be eaten as a lunch or served at dinner as a side dish. Stir frying is a great technique for quick cooking of veggies as they are flash fried but still al dente - providing you don't leave them on the stove for too long! Be sure not to over load your wok in order to get a good result.
Easy stir fry recipe
This basic easy stir fry recipe can be modified in many ways i.e. for a Mexican twist add tomatoes, green peppers and chilli, for an Italian flavour you can add chopped tomatoe, garlic, basil and eggplant (brinjal) , or alternatively for some Asian flair you could add soya sauce, curry seasoning of your choice or even ginger, coriander or cumin. Other veggies which may be added are cauliflower or brocolli florets, sweet potatoe, butternut, pumpkin, spring onions, mange touts, brussel sprouts, or snap pea's. The denser vegetables you might want to cook in your steamer for a few minutes before adding to the pan.
Easy stir fry ingredients:
- Half a purple onion roughly chopped
- 3 chopped baby marrows (courgettes) ~ zucchini
- Huge handful of English spinach chopped roughly
- 100g (3.5 oz) chopped button mushrooms
- Three teaspoons Garlic and Herb Country Blend spice
- Splash of olive oil or coconut oil
Easy stir fry cooking instructions:
1. Heat your wok until it’s really hot. Add a splash of your preferred oil.
2. Brown your purple onion until caramelized.
3. Add the other ingredients and cook on high heat for a few minutes. Keep stir frying.
4. Remove from heat and serve.
p.s. This stir fry is also delicious if added to a lean protein of your choice. You could also serve it with shirataki noodles. Your only limit is your imagination.