Among the world's healthiest vegetables, spinach comes out at the top for nutrient richness. Rich in vitamins and minerals, it is also concentrated in health-promoting phytonutrients such as carotenoids (beta-carotene, lutein, and zeaxanthin) and flavonoids to provide you with powerful antioxidant protection.
Cheesy spinach chips
It's no wonder we feel so great when we eat spinach. If you enjoy eating chips but want a healthier option then by all means try this delicious cheesy spinach chips recipe! This bake time is based on baby spinach, if you’re spinach is bigger or you are using Swiss Chard or Kale, it will likely take more time. Also, if using baby spinach, you probably want to pick the bigger baby leaves, since they will shrink when baked.
Cheesy spinach chips ingredients:
- Bunch of clean, dry spinach with stems removed
- Little oil of your choice in a spray bottle
- 2 tsp fine Cumin
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 2 tsp Nutritional Yeast (optional)
- 2 tsp Garlic Powder
- Pinch of Salt and Pepper
Cheesy spinach chips cooking instructions:
2. Pleace the spinach on a baking tray and spray lightly with oil.
3. If you don't have a spray bottle, put the spinach in a bowl and work oil through with your fingers, tossing and coating as you go a long.
4. Lay one layer of spinach on a paper lined baking sheet. Be sure to leave little spaces between the leaves, you don’t want to have spinach overlapping or it won’t dry out evenly.
5. Add your seasoning.
6. Bake for 10 – 12 minutes. You’ll probably want to check on them at about 8-10 minutes, and after that keep an eye on them until they’re crispy!