This is one of those flax seed recipes that just hits the spot every time. It only requires a coffee mug and a few ingredients to make the "dough" Very nutritious, high in fibre and low in carbs, its the perfect get up and go breakfast. Delicious when cut open when piping hot and serve with just a scraping of cream cheese.
Flax seed muffin with cinnamon
If you are on maintenance and no longer that strict with your carb intake you could add nuts, raisin, apple, or even carrots.
Flax seed muffin with cinnamon ingredients:
- 1/4 cup flax seed meal
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1tsp sweetener of your choice which is compatable for baking (optional) I prefer to omit.
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1 generous teaspoon coconut oil or butter (melted)
Flax seed muffin cooking instructions:
2. Micorowave for one minute on high.
3. If adding frozen berries, microwave for 1:30 on high.
4. Tips the content of the mug on to a plate and cut your flax seed muffin with cinnamon; into two halves.
4. Smooth on some butter or cream cheese and enjoy!