Many people don't attempt making their own homemade mayonnaise because they feel its quite a chore. In the olden days it involved a lot of whisking and slowly, slowly pouring oil into an egg & vinegar mixture. Thanks to a food processor it makes the task much faster. Less than a minute, in fact. Enjoy :)
One minute low carb mayonnaise
White vinegar could be substituted with lemon juice or apple cider vinegar. Make sure all ingredients are at room temperature. If you don't have a food processor feel free to use your stick blender :)
One minute low carb mayonnaise ingredients:
- 1 whole egg
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup Virgin Coconut Oil (melted if solid)
- 1/2 cup "lite" olive oil
One minute low carb mayonnaise preparation instructions:
2. Measure the oil and have it ready.
3. Turn the processor on and once the egg is mixed, begin pouring the oil through the feed tube while it’s still running (keep on low speed).
4. Start with a thin stream and increase the flow until all the oil is incorporated.
5. The mayonnaise should be done by the time all the oil is in, but run it a few more seconds if it’s not thick enough.
6. Store in refrigerator in an air tight container for up to ten days.