Cheese crackers is what I would describe as more-ish. Once you start you just can't stop! These home made low carb savoury cheese crackers made with coconut flour are low carb and gluten free which means you don't need to feel guilty should you struggle to keep it to one or two. Enjoy!
Savoury cheese crackers
Recipe idea: Cheddar cheese could be substituted with mozarella or parmesan if preferred.
Savoury cheese crackers ingredients:
- 3 Tblspns coconut flour
- 3 tblspns butter, soft
- 1/2 cup strong cheddar cheese grated
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1/4 tspn salt
- 1/2 tspn garlic powder
- 1/2 tspn dried oregano
- 1/2 tspn baking powder
Savoury cheese cracker baking instructions:
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F degrees.
- Mix the coconut flour, salt, garlic, oregano and baking powder.
- Mix in the butter and blend with your fingers (or you could throw it all in a food processor!)
- Add the cheese and water until a dough forms.
- Lay the dough out in between two sheets of parchment paper and roll out to about 1/4 inch thick
- If you prefer it crispier then roll the dough even thinner
- Remove top layer of parchment paper
- Cut into squares
- Place the bottom sheet of parchment paper with the cracker "mixture" on it, on a baking tray.
- Bake for approximately 15 minutes until firm and golden.
- Make sure you get some before the family scoff the lot!