I love salmon and cucumber and with this recipe I get the best of both of worlds. These are pretty enough to serve as Canapés. Bet your guests will love these - not only are they easy to make but they look beautiful too! They are so light and refreshing. Mmmmm!
Cucumber stuffed with smoked salmon and cream cheese
They are really delicious!
Cucumber stuffed with smoked salmon and cream cheese ingredients:
- 2 cucumbers
- 230g (8.1 oz) plain cream cheese
- 120g (4.2oz) sour cream
- 230g (8.1 oz)smoked salmon, minced
- 1 spring onion minced
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 2 tbsp fresh dill, minced
- salt and white pepper to taste
Cucumber stuffed with smoked salmon and cream cheese cooking instructions:
1. Using a vegetable peeler, carve stripes along the outside lengths of the cucumbers leaving every other section intact.
2. Cut off the ends of the cucumber and slice into 2cm thick rounds.
3. Using a melon baller, scoop out the seeds and inner portion from the top of each cucumber slice,to about 2/3 deep.
4. Set aside.
5. Place the salmon, cream cheese, 1/2 of the sour cream, spring onion, dill, lemon juice and spices in a food processor.
6. Pulse the processor on and off quickly so that the mixture is combined but still firm enough to hold it's shape once piped.
6. Add some more sour cream if you need more moisture.
7. Transfer the mixture to a pastry bag with a medium star tip (#8) and pipe into cucumber rounds.
8. (Alternatively, you could use a plastic sandwich bag and cut off a small corner to pipe the mixture).
8. Garnish each round with a sprig of dill and serve.
If you make this let me know what you think. Your comments are suggestions are always welcome!