Low in carbs and high in nutrients, this recipe is a good substitute for those who love mash potatoes.
Cauliflower mash with chives
A couple of roasted garlic cloves may be substituted for the 3 garlic cloves as listed in recipe. It will also give the cauliflower mash a very creamy taste.
Caulifower mash with chives ingredients:
- 1.5lbs (680 g) cauliflower, cut into large florets (about 8 cups)
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 (14 ounce) 414ml cans reduced-sodium chicken broth
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 teaspoons fresh chives, chopped
- 3 ounces (85 g) cream cheese (optional)
Cauliflower mash with chives cooking instructions:
2. If cauliflower is not completely covered by the broth, add water until just covered.
3. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer until cauliflower is tender.
4. Reserve 2 Tbsp of the cooking liquid and drain cauliflower
5. Transfer cauliflower and garlic to the bowl of a food processor, and process until smooth.
7. You might want to use cream cheese during this step instead of the broth for extra yumminess.
7. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
8. Just before serving stir in chopped chives.
9. Serve warm.
1 serving size 196g (6.9 oz) = 5.8g carbs (0.2 oz)