I just LOVE my healthy soup recipes and this is one of them. Using wild mushrooms rather than regular button mushrooms adds wonderful flavour to this creamy soup. Try a blend of cremini, porcini or shiitake. If you are trying to avoid alcohol, replace the sherry with an additional 1/2 cup of broth.
Healthy mushroom soup
This soup is fast and easy to make, AND great for low carb dieting! Makes 6 (1 cup) servings
Healthy mushroom soup ingredients:
* 1/2 small onion, coarsely chopped
* 1 garlic clove, chopped
* 1 pound (450g) mixed mushrooms, sliced
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
* 4 cups lower sodium vegetable broth
* 1/2 cup dry sherry
* 1 cup heavy cream
Healthy mushroom soup cooking instructions:
1. Melt butter in a large saucepan over high heat.
2. Add onion and sauté until soft, about 3 minutes.
3. Add garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
4. Add mushrooms, salt and pepper; sauté until soft and light brown, about 10 minutes.
5. Add broth and sherry; simmer to allow flavors to blend, about 5 minutes.
6. Add cream and simmer, stirring constantly, until soup is thick, about 5 minutes.
7. Serve right away or refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
8. Reheat before serving.
9. You can also pour this in a blender to puree.
- Net Carbs: 5 grams
- Total Carbs: 6 grams
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 5 grams
- Fat: 21 grams
- Calories: 230
- Makes: 6 (1-cup) servings
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
Healthy soup recipes like this are a real life saver for those colder days when a bit of comfort is needed. Serve as a light luncheon with a green salad or 2 slices low carb bread. Enjoy!